Welcome to the Library! ShipMate™ has put together an extensive library of useful references and documents designed to help our clients get a better understanding of hazardous materials’ safety and regulation, as well as to assist in streamlining their business practices. Explore this page to find information that may be helpful, including our Glossaries, Downloadable PDF documents, Government website links, and our FAQ’s page.
ShipMate™ has developed a comprehensive glossary of terms and abbreviations that are used throughout various regulatory references.
A glossary is also found in every ShipMate™ web-based training program and in the ShipMate™ University.
To access one of the many glossaries, please click on any of the following links:
Take a look at any of the following forms to help you stay in compliance with the domestic and international dangerous goods transportation or federal hazardous waste documentation requirements.
- Ground Bill of Lading
- Straight Bill of Lading
- Dangerous Goods Declaration (Air)
- Air Waybill
- IMO Dangerous Goods Declaration
- Multimodal Dangerous Goods Declaration
- Transport of Dangerous Goods Declaration (Canada TDGR)
- Dangerous Goods Declaration (Mexico SCT NOM)
- ADR Dangerous Goods Declaration
- Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest
- Non-Hazardous Waste Manifest
- Shipper’s Letter of Instruction
- Canada Customs Invoice
- NAFTA Certificate of Origin
- Notification to Captain (NOTOC)
- DOD Multimodal Dangerous Goods Declaration (DD-2890)
ShipMate™ also offers these and other dangerous good declarations and waste manifests in a variety of formats including pin-fed, snap-out and laser forms.
Special Permits & Approvals
ShipMate™ has helped hundreds of companies obtain and maintain Special Permits, Competent Authority Approvals or Permits for Equivalency of Safety (Canada) which have enabled the petitioner to mark, manufacture or sell non-specification packaging, or transport dangerous goods that would otherwise have been prohibited for transport.
ShipMate™ can also help your company file for and obtain Competent Authority Approval for the Classification of Explosives, a Competent Authority Approval or Permit for Equivalency of Safety (Canada) in accordance with the new rules of procedure.
If ShipMate™ has authored a DOT Special Permit, Competent Authority Approval or Permit for Equivalency of Safety for your company, click on our Special Permits and Approvals page and enter your User ID and Password to access the database which includes a copy of your permit, approval or explosive registration number.
If you need a User ID and Password to access the system, call us at +1 (310) 370-3600 or click here.
Click on any of the following links to obtain more information the dangerous goods transportation, health and safety, or environmental management regulations or industry best management practices.
Dangerous Goods Transport
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- International Maritime Organization
- International Civil Aviation Organization
- International Air Transport Association
- UN Economic Commission for Europe Dangerous Goods Programme
- Australia Transport of Dangerous Goods
- Transport Canada Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Mexico Secretaria de Communicaciones y Transportes
Health & Safety
Other Useful Links
ShipMate™ has developed a comprehensive set of answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Every ShipMate™ web-based training program in the ShipMate™ University includes a series of interactive of Frequently Asked Questions.
To access one of the Frequently Asked Questions applications, please click on any of the following links: